Thursday, August 25, 2005

Loop-de-loop...

So Ed picked me up from work today, and then we hit Taco Bell for a meal, before heading off to a meeting for the local chapter of the IGDA (International Game Developer's Association.) The meeting was at 7:00, but we stopped at the local comic store first so I could pick up the comics I've had the owner holding onto for me for months.

We left there probably around 6:30, and then headed off to find the meeting. It was apparently at a college, so we headed off towards the college, and got a bit lost on the way. It reminded me of the time we went looking for Time Warner to pick up Ed's Cable Modem, and couldn't find their shop anywhere, even though we followed the directions they told both Ed and his brother over the phone. But I digress... Anyway, I managed to find the college, but couldn't find the street into the college that this meeting was supposed to be taking place at...

So we drove around and around, until eventually found a route that was listed in the directions to find the place. We followed it in the opposite direction, and managed to come across a street name which was in the directions, and when we ended up finding the right building for the meeting, take a guess where it was... Right next door to the comic shop! So we drove around a half hour only to eventually end up back where we started.

We went inside, and there was about 32 people there, counting Ed and myself, and the meeting was basically a lecture from an author who wrote a book on making game characters more appealing to the players. Being a game designer (writer), I, of course, was somewhat interested in it (as far as one could be listening to a lecture) but Ed was pretty much very bored (as he isn't a game developer at all.) Once the lecture was over, there was some Q&A, and then a tour to the game research room, but basically, it wasn't as interactive as Ed had really hoped it to be.

Afterwards, he dropped me off, and here I am updating, and here I go off to bed, as I'm very tired now. So sleep well, all. 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home