Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Oh, happy day!

I tell you, dear readers, in all the years I've been writing this blog, I've never had a day as great as today. It all began as most days do; waking up in my bed. My wife was whispering my name and gently rubbing my forearm up and down with her fingers as it was draped down across her abdomen. I felt the warmth of her body against my chest as I blinked myself awake.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she says with a laugh, "Are you going to spend the rest of the day in bed?"
"Depends," I reply, as I brush the hair back behind her ear, "Are you going to spend it here with me?"
I lean forward and give her a kiss on the cheek, and then begin nuzzling her neck. She starts to giggle, "Easy now," she replies, "There's no time for that. You have a long, hard day ahead of you."
"Speaking of long, har...," I start to say before she gently slaps my hand.
"Hey, it's time to get up!" she says with a laugh.
"Way ahead of you," I reply, hugging her tightly from behind.
She smiles and starts to wiggle out of my grasp. I let go and tell her to lie back down. "Wait right here," I say, "Don't move a muscle."
"Too late," she says with a smirk.
I smiled and walked out of the bedroom. I made my way to the kitchen and quickly fixed up the breakfast that she loves to eat. I place it on a tray, and carry it into the bedroom. She's still in there, petting the kittycat who had taken my spot on the bed. My wife smiles as she sees me bring her breakfast in bed.
"Thank you!" she says as she sits up straight in the bed. The kittycat jumps down onto the floor and runs off into another room. I placed the tray over her lap, and then lied back down next to her.
"Are you ready for tonight?" I ask.
"Sure am," she says with a smile, "Now remember, we're going to bring the kids by your mom's house for dinner, and she said she'll watch then for the night, but we can't forget to bring their pajamas."
"No problem," I replied, "I think I'll get all that ready while they're at school. This project doesn't need to be done for a couple more weeks, I can blow off working on it today. I'll just log on from the office and make sure everything is going according to schedule."
"Okay-dokey," she says as she finishes her breakfast.
I lift the tray off of her and place it aside, and then walk to the closet and pull out my Wednesday clothing. I place it on the stand next to the bathroom, as she shuffles through her closet looking for something pretty to wear. I smile as I watch her, and then enter the bathroom and turn on the shower water, making sure it was the perfect temperature.
I see her walking towards the bathroom, as I step out of it and back into the bedroom. I smile and bow to her as I graciously step out of her way to allow her to go first. As I start to close the door for her, she reaches out and grabs the front of my pajama shirt and pulls me inside with her.

After our shower, we both got dressed, and then got the kids ready to go to school. I serve them breakfast, and after a bit of chatter, she loads them up in the car and drives them off to school. I grab my cup and stroll into the den. I switched on my computer, and as always, I check my E-Mail.

First one was from Nicole, thanking me for the surprise discs I burned and mailed her. I'm glad she liked it, I know she wanted those files for a while. I like making my friends happy, and it's nice to feel appreciated. The next E-Mail was from someone who played the latest game I released. He wanted me to know how much he enjoyed it, and that he's looking forward to the next chapter in the series. I replied thanking him for the compliment, and letting him know the next one is being worked on now. Elliot wrote me and let know he's getting married and that he's looking forward to seeing me and the wife there. I wrote back letting him know I wouldn't miss it for the world. I ran through a few more E-Mails from friends, mostly just a few "what's up?" messages or jokes lists. I tucked away the most important ones and smiled that I haven't yet received any of this spam everyone tells me about.

Soon, the doorbell rang, and it was Devon.
"Hey, man," he says, "I just got home from work, thought I'd stop by and drop off your DVD."
"I don't know how you handle the graveyard shift," I reply with a laugh.
"It's not too bad," he says as he sits down.
"How'd you like the movie?" I ask as I checked the disc for scratches or fingerprints (it was perfect.)
"It was pretty good, thanks for letting me borrow it," he replies.
"No problem," I say before I walk into the den and slide it back into the shelf. I return to the living room and ask him if he wants to play a game.
"Sure," he says as he grabs the second controller.
The two of us played a game for a while, and soon my wife came home. She unbuttoned her jacket, hung it up, and then stood behind the couch where I was sitting and hugged me.
"What are you two playing?" she asks as she glances at the screen.
"Don't even think about it," Devon says, with a laugh, remembering the butt-whupping my better half gave him the last time she faced him in this game.
"Coward," she replies, as she curls up beside me on the couch.
I put my arm around her and hand her the controller. Devon fakes a look at his non-existant watch, and says, "Boy, would you look at the time? We've been playing for hours, there's no way I can take anyone else on in this condition," he says before yawning.
"Mhmmph!" my wife says, knowing he's just getting out of taking her on.
"I actually gotta get going," he says, "I have to meet someone for lunch. It was great hanging with you, though, I'll catch you two later on." Devon puts on his jacket as he walks towards the door.
"Coward!" my wife yells out sarcastically as he closes the door behind him.
"It's almost lunchtime, do you want something to eat?" I ask as I rub her arm up and down with my hand.
"I'm not sure if I have enough time, I still gotta head to the mall this afternoon before picking up the kids," she says as she puts her head on my chest. I kiss the top of her head and give her a hug.

Just then the doorbell rings. My wife gets up and answers it.
"Oh, hi there, Kerri," my wife says as I stand up and walk to her side.
"Hi, you two," Kerri says, "What's going on?"
"Not much here, Devon just left before I kicked his butt in the game," my wife says.
"He was trembling," I added.
Kerri giggles, "I believe it."
"Jeff not meeting you for lunch?" I ask.
"Nah," she says, "His boss has him working on a project. I told him I was going to stop by and hang out with you. I figured we could watch that movie I wanted to see."
"Good timing, Devon just returned it," I reply.

I walked out to the den and pull the disc out off the shelf. I start to head back when I overhear the two girls having what seemed to be a semi-private conversation.

"So, how are you two doing?" Kerri asks.
"Absolutely great, he planned a very romantic evening tonight," my wife says.
"Well, that sounds very nice," Kerri says with a smile.
"Definitely. He's put a lot of thought into it, there isn't anything he wouldn't do to make me happy," my wife says with a grin.
"Anything?" Kerri asks, "From that smile, I'm starting to believe it."
My wife giggles and starts to whistle innocently. "I have to thank you so much for introducing us and pushing us together. You're right, I am so lucky to end up with him," she says.
"Anything for a friend," Kerri replies.

I felt really happy, and walked back into the room and popped the disc into the player. My wife gets up and starts buttoning up her jacket.
"You're not staying for the movie?" I ask.
"Nah, you two have fun, I gotta hurry if I'm going to get everything I need for tonight before I pick up the kids at school," my wife says.
"Okay, I'll meet you back here then," I say before giving her a kiss on her way past me towards the door.
I sat back down, and Kerri and I watched the movie, and she really enjoyed it. It's great that she has the same interest in movies as we do. Afterwards, we sat and discussed the movie, television shows, and...erm...things she just had to tell me about her and Jeff. Boy, that girl is shameless. I tell her what I have planned for that evening with my wife and she's confident that she'll enjoy it.

Soon, the kids come running into the house, with the wife trailing behind with boxes. I rush over and offer to help her with the boxes.
"Bring them up to our bedroom, but do not look inside," she says.
"Okay," I say as I grab the boxes and carry them up to the bedroom and lay them down on the bed. I get back downstairs to see Kerri putting on her jacket. She gives my wife a hug and tells her to enjoy the evening. My wife thanks her as Kerri waves good-bye to me and tells me she'll talk to me later.

The kids sit down and start playing with their toys as me and the wife head upstairs to the bedroom. I close the door and sit down on the bed, and give her the skinny on what Kerri and Jeff have been up to lately. She starts undressing, as my rambling begins to slowly drift off, and then she begins shuffling through the boxes, peeking inside each one until she finds what she wants. She looks at me watching her intensely, and then hides the box behind her back. She walks over to me and lifts me, and walks me over to the door, opening it and pushing me outside. "Later," she says with a smile.

I head into the children's rooms and pack up their overnight clothing for the trip to my mom's and I carry them downstairs. I turn around to walk back upstairs, and my wife is standing at the bottom of the steps, in a beautiful long dress, looking absolutely stunning. I walk over to her and take her hand, and walk her down into the living room before giving her a passionate kiss. "You look amazing," I say. She smiles and thanks me.

We get the kids together and head out to the car, and drove off to my mom's house for dinner. It was a lovely meal, though the wife and I only ate a little since we'd be eating dinner out later. Afterwards I went into the living room and played with the children for a while as my wife and mom chit-chatted a bit. Soon, though, it was time to get going, so we hugged and kissed the kids, said goodnight, and headed off.

First, we went to the movies, and she picked that new horror movie that everyone's talking about it. We found great seats in the middle of the row, and I put my arm around her and held her hand with my other one. She jumped at all the surprises, it was very cute. Afterwards, we both agreed it was pretty good, and certainly one we'll get on DVD at some point. I suggest going out and seeing it.

Then we headed off to her favorite restaurant, where we had a beautiful, candle-lit meal. There was a lot of reaching over and holding hands, and footsie under the table. I noticed a guy at the table next to our's kept looking over at my wife and trying to flirt with her, and I motioned towards him to her with my eyes. She glanced over briefly and non-chalantly lifted her hand to her cheek so he would purposely see her wedding ring. I smiled to myself, happy that she set it straight to him that he had no chance, instead of flirting back.

After we were done with the meal, we headed back to the house. I dimmed the lights and lit the fireplace, and we snuggled up together on the couch. I held her in my arms and kissed her neck, as we lovingly expressed our affection for each other. It had started to softly rain outside, and the gentle breeze from through the window cooled us, as we tenderly carressed each other, warming ourselves underneath the light blanket.

She flipped herself over until we were face-to-face, and I could feel her heart starting to beat up against my chest, and she slowly began to unbutton my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her passionately. Slowly, I kissed from her lips to her earlobe, gently nibbling it and then kissed down her cheek and neck, to her collarbone. I felt her starting to sway her hips and breath much heavily. She stood up and told me to wait where I was. "I'll be right back," she says, "Don't move a muscle."
"Too late," I reply with a grin.
I stand up and finish unbuttoning my shirt. I take it off and toss it aside, before kicking off my shoes as well. I lay the blanket down on the floor nicely, when I hear my name called from behind me. I turn around, to find my beautiful wife wearing the most amazing lingerie I've ever seen. If she didn't have my full attention before, she's definitely got it now. She blushes and smiles at me. "Do you like it?" She asks.
"I love it. I feel like I've died and ready to enter Heaven," I said.
She gently pushes me up against the wall and gives me a passionate kiss as she starts to undo the rest of my clothing. She softly pulls me down onto the blanket with her and asks with a grin, "What do you want?"
"To do whatever I can to make you happy," I said. I lick my lips and smile, and then give her a passionate kiss.
"And you definitely know how to do that," she says with a giggle after releasing the kiss.

After a very passionate night, we found ourselves lying there on the floor, the couch pillows under our heads, as I held her in my arms.
"I love you," she says as she lies her head down on my chest.
"I love you more than anything in the world," I replied.
She smiles, "I've never been happier than when I'm with you."
I smile and kiss the top of her head, "You make me happy on a daily basis, not a moment goes by when I don't want to be with you. I must be the luckiest guy in the world. A loving wife, wonderful children, an amazing family, and great friends... All who love me, and care about me, and make me feel important. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have those things; to not be cared about, or loved, or appreciated. This is too wonderful, it must be a dream."
"Of course you're loved," she giggles, "You deserve it, don't you?"
I smile and we fall asleep.

Suddenly, I wake up. Alone in my bed. I look around trying to understand. Where is my beautiful house? Where is my beautiful wife? How did I get here? Then it comes to me... Oh fu--------------------*sobs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home