Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hi there, welcome to my blog. This is my first attempt at one of these things... I originally learned how to write a website back in the summer of 1996, using pure HTML 3.2 in Notepad (Learned from a book I bought before I even had a computer.) Today, the web uses all these expansive languages such as XML and CSS, and they kind of passed me by since I lost my fascination with having a site back in late 1999. Things seem a lot easier with just making a template and posting entries, though I must admit, it feels a lot cheaper than actually going through the process of writing the site the original way.

Okay, it's time for introductions.

I live in New York (Capital District, far upstate from NYC,) and have lived here all my life. It's a nice place, we don't have all the crime you would find down in the NYC areas, but then, we also don't have much of anything else either. Sure, the nearby cities have malls, and stores, and all that. But the town I live in myself really only has fast-food places and businesses that nobody would know exists unless they actually go there.

Personality wise, I'm charming, caring, and a hopeless romantic. I'm very loyal, and like to make people happy; my friends are the most important thing in the world to me and I care about them more than anything, so I often go out of my way to do things for them. I like to make people laugh, so I crack a lot of jokes as often possible, but I also have a dark sense of humor, which means I can be very sarcastic with some of my wisecracks (but they're really all in good fun.) I can also be very sensitive and emotional, which leads to my feelings getting hurt much easier than most people, and I end up worrying a lot more when I shouldn't really need to. I also have a tendency to get up on a soapbox about things, and can get very passionate about proving my point (expect to see this a lot in my posts.)

I'm 28 years old, though I have an old soul and a young heart. I've always been much smarter and wiser than my age. When I was in grade school, they did one of those IQ tests and they found out I was genius-level. I tend to look at things from a philosophical point of view, seeing the "big picture." However, I also seem to act much younger than I am. Not in an immature way, but in a joking, playful, charming way. Perhaps it's because I'm right-minded.

I am unfortunately still single... Ideally, I guess I just wish I could have the "American Dream."  Wife, children, house, perhaps a pet...though, a white picket fence is certainly optional.  Unfortunately, I'm too soft-spoken and very shy, especially when it comes to girls. Which makes it hard for me to meet the girl of my dreams.

My hobbies include:

  • Playing videogames, specific genres include: Role-Playing, Fighting, Survival Horror, Arcade-Style Racing, and Adventure games. I also prefer 2D games to 3D games, believe it or not. It's not that I love 3D less, it's just that I love 2D more.
  • Watching movies and television, specific genres include: Horror/Thriller, Comedies, and Adventure. Sadly, most television shows that air today suck, but thank goodness for TV on DVD.
  • I also enjoy music, though I don't listen to it as much as I used to years ago. Specific genres include: Alternative, Rock, Hard Rock, 80's Pop/New Wave, and Punk. Though I can pretty much listen to any styles, except for: Rap, Hiphop, R&B, and "twangy" Country/Western.
I also used to be an artist, starting early in Elementary School until the end of High School, but haven't really drawn much since graduating. I was pretty good, even won some awards, but I'm afraid my talents have wavered after not being in use for so long. I don't like sports (such as football, basketball, etc.,) but some of the more laid-back ones (like miniature golf, bowling, etc.,) I don't mind playing. I used to bowl when I was a child, and even won a trophy.

Anyways, that's all I can think of to write about myself. I usually don't talk too deeply about myself, but I figured any good host should introduce what he's all about. I hope you enjoy my blog, I'm going to try my best to keep it updated regularly. I will be writing practically everything that happens in my life, everyone I talk to, what I happen to watch on television, and whatever happens to be going through my mind that day (and with thoughts like mine, it won't always be rosy,) so I may end up writing a lot some days and dragging on a bit... I wonder if the things I have to say could actually entertain people. Hey, I make no guarantees.

Actually, I do. I can promise I'll probably tick off quite a few people. I'm rather outspoken with my opinions, and in most cases or not, I'll say something that will probably offend someone. Like, if I say that I think (non-earlobe) piercings are unattractive, and you happen to have a pierced tongue or eyebrow, or whatever, just calm down, it's my opinion. (I wonder how many readers that just lost me. Hehe.) You can't please all the people all the time, and I'm not going to try to.

But, let's get this show on the road. Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home