Monday, August 15, 2005

A hearse, a hearse, my kingdom for a hearse!

Well, I took a weekend to recover from everything that's been going on, and I have to admit the weekend was fairly relaxing. Which I'm very glad about, because August is a bad month for me; I become extremely depressed. For those not keeping track, next week would have been the two-year anniversary of when me and my ex-girlfriend got together.

She really put my mind through the ringer, demoralized me beyond description, and made it so that now I don't even know when I'm coming or going sometimes. But I'm sure I'll be getting into this on the 22nd, and probably the days leading up to it. So I'll continue with this last weekend. Anyways, I kept my mind occupied by watching my Tru Calling DVD Box Set all weekend. First six episodes on Saturday, then seven episodes on Sunday.

I woke up Saturday after having a really weird dream; Shawn and I were in a music contest in High School, and we had to come up with a breakout number to beat the other team. It's funny, how in dreams we cannot do math, and letters end up all scrambled when you try to read...but music, you can remember lyrics and sounds vividly. Here I was singing Hot Rocks Polka perfectly. We never did get to go out on stage though...

Woke up probably around 12:00, after I had gotten maybe 11 hours of sleep. O_O! I really needed it. Then I did the various computer things, etc. and finally spent the rest of Saturday watching Tru Calling until it was time for sleep.

Woke up on Sunday, did a few computer things, and then began watching Tru Calling again. Sometime maybe around 2 or so, my cousin Richard gives me a call and tells me he's on his way to GameStop to pick up Resident Evil: Outbreak, and he'll give me a call when he gets home and we can play. Not two minutes after I hang up with him, Ed calls. He tells me he's getting out of work, and he'll stop by on the way home. Ed shows up for maybe 10 minutes, tells me he's tired, and he'll give me a call tonight (Monday) around the time I get home from work, and then he'll stop by (He never called, by the way...)

I watched another episode of Tru Calling, and Richard ends up calling me, so I hop on Resident Evil: Outbreak to play with him. We play through two games, and I get really tired because I still have to shave and eat dinner, so I call it a night. I went and shaved, then watched two more episodes of Tru Calling until it was time to sleep.

Woke up this morning, and actually felt a little better, less hurt than I was last week, but still very confused about what I did wrong... I mean, pieces are falling together in my head as I try to figure this out, but it doesn't make sense to me. Bleh, I don't want to talk about it. Anyways, stopped at Dunkin Donuts today, got myself a coffee and a sausage, egg, and cheese croissant.

Got into work and was sent to the mailroom. Marvin (who's 60-something) brought up this old song that he used to sing as a kid, and so did I. O_O! I had totally forgotten about it until he started singing it. Apparently there are several versions of it, but what I remembered was:

"Don't you think when a hearse goes by,
You will be the next to die,
They wrap you up in bloody sheets,
And bury you some six feet deep.

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
In your stomach and out your mouth,
Your eyes fall in, your teeth decay,
And that's the end of a perfect day."

Anyways, called Jo-Ann about 15 minutes before lunch-break, like I've done practically everyday over the last two months, and once again was told she had something else she had to do and needed to work through lunch... So I ate lunch alone at my desk again... Sometime around 2:00 or so, Edgar drags me into a conversation, regarding something that happened on the news. I'm not entirely sure what, he speaks low, and with him, it's best not to listen so well. I told him I don't watch the news, and he's like, "So you have this tunnel vision of the world, huh?" He continues:

Him: "You heard about the bombing in London, right?"
Me: "Umm... I think so, is that where it was? In a subway or something."
Him: "Yeah, that's it."
Me: "My mom told me about it."
Him: "You heard about 9/11, right?"
Me: "Yeah, that one I heard of..."

He ends up telling a 9/11 story, of what was going on in the office when it happened. I soon catch my supervisor walking past me, and I pull her into my cubicle for help with something. Eventually, I call Jo-Ann back around 3:00, and she's like, "Hi. Hold on one second. *she talks to someone in her office* I gotta go, supervisor's here, needs help with someone, I'll call you back."

With Jo-Ann, 99% of the time, "I'll call you back" is code for "Something is going to come up to make me work through all my breaks and lunch, and then work overtime, and then end up meeting up with one of my girlfriends after work, and we're going to be staying out way too late, and I'll talk to you when you call me back tomorrow."

Anyways, at 5:00, I headed off, met up with my mom in front of the building, and stopped at McDonalds for something to eat. I decided to try one of those new Ranch BLT Chicken Sandwiches. I don't think I'm too impressed with it, as I've had it sitting here for 6.5 hours and I've yet to finish half of it. But the fries were good. Haven't had much of an appitite lately.

Ah well, it's late now, and neither Jo-Ann or Ed have called, which means both of my two friends had something come up and will probably talk to me tomorrow. Ed probably fell asleep after getting home from work, he's usually very reliable. Jo-Ann, of course, has something else to do, so I'll end up talking to her from/at work since getting ahold of her at home is beyond impossible.

So goodnight, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home