Sunday, August 21, 2005

Weekend Update

Okay, here's a rundown over the last few days:

Wednesday:

Work was quite boring, nowhere near as amazing as Wednesday's post made it sound. But I haven't written in a long time (not since a special story I wrote for Sky that I finished in April, 2004) so I decided to have a go at it again. This post was much tamer, heh. But I digress... I called Jo-Ann to see if she'd meet me for lunch, and once again, she couldn't make it. She did say, "We'll get together outside for lunch tomorrow. Girl Scout's honor, you can hate me if I don't." I was like, "Yeah, you say that knowing full well how important my friends are to me and that I couldn't hate them." Then I got home, wrote up Wednesday post (which took me hours) and went to bed.

Thursday:


I called Jo-Ann around lunch, and surprise surprise, she couldn't make it. "What happened to Girl Scout's honor?" I asked. She said loyalty to the job is more important (even though the job doesn't pay her to work through lunch.) I was like, "You did say I can hate you now, remember?" She said I'm her friend, and so I couldn't hate her.

I decided I was going to go outside anyways even without her, so I went to one of the parking garage levels and sat on one of the ledges that overlook the street. I just needed some air and I wanted to be alone and think. I hate being alone, and God knows with the type of thoughts going through my mind lately, a ledge isn't really the best place for me to be, but que sera sera.

As I was sitting there, who do I see down on the street? Jo-Ann, walking away from the building... After lunch, I give her a call and ask her what she's wearing. She tells me a jean skirt and a shirt. I ask what color shirt, and she says yellow. I'm like, "I saw you earlier with a woman in an orange dress." She asked how and I told her. She said they had to stop at some place a distance away from work.

During afternoon break, I felt myself drawn to the ledge again, this time on the very top of the parking garage. Watched all the people on the street going about their merry lives, and the sidewalk below seems to be calling out to me seductively, but I don't quite feel ready yet to make that kind of impression.

Work ended, I headed home, and I just wasn't feeling well enough to actually post anything, so I just stayed in bed and watched Angel and Tru Calling until it was time to sleep.

Friday:

Stopped at Burger King on the way to work, we got there at about 8:40. It was a very simple order:

[For me:]
1 Medium #2 Breakfast Meal (which is a Double Sausage/Egg/Cheese, Medium Hashbrowns, Medium Coffee.)
[For my aunt and grandmother:]
1 Small coffee
2 Small hashbrowns
1 Ham sandwich
1 Bacon sandwich.

What do they bring us? One small coffee, two small hashbrowns, a double ham and a double bacon. After a lot of going back and forth, we finally get the order correct, and I make it into work exactly at 9:00.

Another boring day at work, there was practically nothing to do. Called Jo-Ann a few times, once again she couldn't make it for lunch or breaks. But I went out to the ledges again anyways without her. As I was standing there overlooking the street on the second level from the roof, my supervisor seemingly snuck up on me, and told me she was heading off and if I needed more work, I could ask two of the higher ups. She actually wasn't there to talk to me, nor was she trying to sneak up on me, it just turns out she had parked her car right near where I was sitting. Heh. When I got back to the office, Marvin told me my supervisor wanted me to know she was going to be out until 4, and I told him I ran into her in the garage. She never did she up for the rest of the day, btw.

Anyways, the day ended and it was time to head off, and like the prior night, I spent the night watching the day's episode of Angel and another Tru Calling.

Saturday:

Woke up late around 12 from a phonecall from my cousin Richard, asking if I wanted to play Resident Evil: Outbreak online. I told him to give me a call back at around 2 and we'll play (I just wanted to play through in single-player first) so I got up, got on my PC, and soon I received an IM from my friend Shawn, who was making a website, and doesn't know anything about how, so I basically had him send me all his images, and I made up the general site for him to fill in with his content. By the time I was done with this, Richard had called back and we ended up starting to play around 2:30. We died, I think, twice, then actually finished all the way once, but then we couldn't advance to the next stage, since apparently, you have to have finished it in single-player mode first. So that ended our online gaming for yesterday. Soon after I was done playing, Shawn messaged me back for more help, so I spent more time helping him. Eventually, late last night, I managed to finish the first stage in single-player mode.

Sunday:

I just woke up, and decided to hurry up and post this before something comes up again to distract me. Chances are, I'm going to play through the second stage of RE:O, watch a few more episodes of Tru Calling, and then sulk for the rest of the day in preperation for the major depression that is tomorrow.

Shawn messaged me, thanking for me help making his site yesterday, it's nice to be appreciated... He needs more help, so that's what I'll be doing for part of today.

If anything changes by the end of the night, and I feel up to it, I will update this paragraph. If not, see you all tomorrow. 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home